The GCU800 is an extremely lightweight and compact transmission controller and logger. With a main body depth of just 11mm, the custom casing is CNC machined from billet aluminium and anodised for extra durability and protection. At only 150g, the GCU800 is one of the lightest controllers available. Connectivity is through a rugged 37way Auto-sport connector. Communication link is via a simple direct USB connection and programming is done through easy to use bespoke Shiftec software which features ready set up tabs and templates. Vehicle connectivity may either be hard wired or linked over a CAN system, with the ability to run 2 CAN streams.
GCU800 allows sophisticated closed loop 3 stage control over the shift strategy and the ability to cope with ‘off condition’ shifts as well as options to suit different gearbox lay outs. Inbuilt burst enabled data logging allows GCU800 to maximise data storage space. This combines with full diagnostics and live state machines to allow simple set up and analysis.
In addition to gear control functionality GCU800 also provides control options for twin valve Fly By Wire Clutch, DRS control with full safety strategies and the option to control Moog valves via the Shiftec Moog Driver.
The combination of IO, processing power and advanced strategies allows GCU800 to act as a complete back end controller for very high performance Formula cars and Sports Prototypes.
- Outputs for valves / compressor / blip – cut signal / shift lights etc
- 10 analogue inputs including 2 differential inputs
- 3 dedicated speed inputs
- 8 outputs
- Direct USB communication
- Full closed loop 3 stage shift control
- Auto upshift strategy
- Off condition shifts (on throttle down shift, off throttle up shift)
- On board burst data logging with built in 2GB capacity
- Sophisticated diagnostics and state machines
- Ability to support two CAN streams
- Torque controlled shift functionality
- Fully detailed safety features and fail safe parameters
- Fail/manual mode
- CAN analyser functionality with direct PC logging, transmit, engineering conversion for all formats and bit packing,
- ‘dbc’ import, user friendly interface, user configurable gauges/dials etc, CAN statistic/error analysis
- CAN baud rate selectable
- Clutch interface
- Supports FBW and pneumatic blip
- Reverse battery, over-voltage and load dump protection.
- Fly By Wire Clutch Control Support
- Drag Reduction System Control Support.